Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Steve Irwin, 44



I'm not a big crocodile fan. In fact during those 'fun' field trips to the Detroit Zoo the Holden Museum of Living Reptiles was my least favorite attraction. Those things are just a bit too squirmy for my taste. In fact the only time I touched a snake was during my freshmen year in high school when I was trying to impress a guy that I had a crush on. So not worth it - we ended up dating for about a day & a half. Seems as though his mother wasn't impressed with my musical tastes and smashed my Suicidal Tendencies tape that I leant him. But I'm going way off the subject at hand, aren't I? (Big Flipping Surprise there, huh?)

Steve Irwin was, should I say, in love with the whole the crocodile thing. His parents started the Queensland Reptile and Fauna Park which Steve took over in 1991. His love for these creatures and his on air presence during guest spots on shows like The Tonight Show with Jay Leno seg wayed into his own show on Animal Plant. He just had recently decided that the ocean would be his new frontier.

Irwin was killed when he swam over a string ray and it's venomous barbs shot up to his heart. It has been determined that it was the actual puncture wound that killed Irwin rather then the venom. His death was actually caught on camera and per his daredevil mentality his family believes that the footage of his death should be made available to the public.

February 22, 1962 - September 4, 2006

RIP

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates