Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wendie Jo Sperber, 47


I have a thing for transvestites. Transvestites, sweaty men, and leather, great combination, huh? I think that the first vanilla transvestite that I and most of the Mid-West suburban Gen-X'ers knew of was Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari on "Bosom Buddies". I had such a mad crush on Hildegarde, and I know he/she was pretty matronly but there was something about him/her. The one thing I loved about that show was Amy, she was such a good friend to those two dorks. My love of Amy spilled over the 30 minutest that the show was on and I learned her name and subsequently since 1980 have screamed "WENDIE JO SPERBER" any time she was on TV to delight (ha) of boyfriends, friends and family. The woman was in a lot of things, especially 1941, Used Cars, Moving Violations, The Bachlor Party, and most recently guest starring on Will & Grace and 8 Simple Rules.

In 1997 she was diagnosed with breast cancer. By 2002 the cancer had spread through her body, she reached out to the breast cancer community and found the group weSPARK.
On November 29th she lost her battle with cancer and passed away.

September 15, 1958 - November 29, 2005

Labels: , , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates