Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Jerry Juhl, 67


I was 7 years old when ‘The Muppet Movie’ was released. It was summertime, so guess where I was, when my dad called up and said he was taking me to the movies; not only was it a weeknight but my dad was coming over to see me!!! I ran over to my Aunts house, who was on the opposite side of the block screamed that I was going to the movies and that I would say ‘hi’ to the Swedish Chef, because he was my Uncles favorite Muppet. Daddy picked me up and we drove down to the theatre across the street from Eastland Mall only to purchase tickets to Superman. I sulked through the whole movie. I wanted Fozzie Bear not Kal-El.

Jim Henson was not the only man responsible for creating the Muppet empire. Jerry Juhl joined the Jim Henson Company in 1961 and was a writer for Kermit, Gonzo, et. al. from Sesame Street & Fraggle Rock right up to 1999’s ‘Muppets From Space” and won two Emmy Awards for his work.

Mr. Juhl passed away September 27th from complications from pancreatic cancer.

July 27, 1938 – September 27, 2005

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates