Friday, October 28, 2005

Elmer "Len" Dresslar Jr, 80


I moved out of my parents house when I was 19. For a few years there I worked at a bakery so my diet consisted of bagels, donuts, left over soup and an occasional sandwich. I got HUGE. I finally wised up and quit that job and it was ramin, rice and frozen veggies there out. The Jolly Green Giant was a fixture in my freezer for a long time. It was cheap, reasonably healthy and didn't require a lot of thought when it came to meal preparation. My freezer so packed with bags and bags of frozen veggies that I swore I heard that damn "Ho Ho Ho Green Giant" jingle each and every time that I opened the door.

The guy that was the voice of the Jolly Green Giant passed away. His career didn't just involve voice work for cartoon pitchmen but he also was a singer that toured in various stage shows and showed worked on variety shows until his retirement in 1991.

Mr. Dresslar passed away from cancer.

1925 - October 25, 2005
RIP

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates