Thursday, August 11, 2005

Barbara Bel Geddes, 82


Dallas was on CBS on Friday nights, right after The Dukes of Hazzard. I hated both shows but watched them because my friends watched and I didn't want to be left out of the conversation Monday morning. My friend CH could recite the whole plot line of Friday nights episode, I couldn't tell you one damn thing about it...I'd mostly agree that Patrick Duffy was a fox and that Bo Duke was way cuter then Luke. Thankfully we moved on to Dynasty which was far more interesting then Dallas
It wasn't until my later years when I was deep into Alfred Hitchcock movies that I really knew or cared anything about Ms Bel Geddes. Her career started in the 1940's and lasted through the end of the Dallas series.

There seems to be a rash of lung cancer deaths recently first Peter Jennings, then Barbara Bel Geddes and then the recent annoucement that Dana Reeve was diagnosed. Hopefully this won't finish the tri-fec-ta (because I don't know how to spell the damn word).

Barbara Bel Geddes
October 31, 1922 - August 8, 2005
RIP

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates