Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ana Carolina Reston, 21

As a child I was fat. From the ages of 10 to 15 My parents would send me to summer camp and I'd loose a lot of weight, come back, get complimented on my new size and then proceed to gain all that weight back and then some over the course of the school year. The summer that I turned 16 my parents finally let me stay home, which was great because I had my first REAL boyfriend. But I knew that this particular summer I wouldn't have my opportunity to drop all that weight so I embarked on my own extreme workout plan. I'd do aerobics for an hour, bike ride for close to an hour, push ups, sits up this coupled with my extreme diet made me super skinny. The diet was easy. No meat, no sugar, no meal bigger then the size of a tennis ball and no eating after 6pm. I thought I looked awesome. My collarbone stuck out, my ass was perfect, you could count my ribs and my pelvic bone jutted out, which occasionally caused the boyfriend a bit of discomfort when we were, ummm, fornicating. Eventually I couldn't sustain the workout routine and eating restrictions. I saw some Lifetime Movie of the Week about bulimia and that seemed a bit less restrictive. My new diet plan was harsh, I was cold all of the time, I couldn't do a damn thing with my hair and I was tired all the time. When I puked up blood I got really scared and stopped the whole thing.

Some people get so wrapped up in their weight that don't know when to stop or when they do their body can't handle it. Beauty is often measured by what the scale says. Even though many people decry the whole thing, that people should embrace what they look like rather then aspire to look like the models in the magazines, those that are a size 0 are held up as role models rather then the exception. It is estimated that 1% of the population is anorexic while 4% are bulimic. http://www.anred.com/stats.htm

Ana Carolia Reston was born near Sao Paulo, Brazil. Her modeling career started when she was 13 and won a beauty contest. She wasn't super famous but this 5'8" traveled the world modeling for famous designers as Giorgio Armani. At the time of her death she only weighed 88 pounds.

She passed away from kidney malfunction caused by anorexia and bulimia.

June 4, 1985 - November 14, 2006
RIP

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates