Sunday, October 15, 2006

Winifred Bennett, 71


I don't have my philosophical questions. I think the deepest one I have currently are "Why do people feel the need to add 's' to everything? For godsakes it's 'Farmer Jack' not 'Farmer Jacks', 'Ford' not 'Fords', 'Meijer' not 'Meijers'." Whatever. I'm not quite as inquizitive as Winifred Bennett, who causally suggested during dinner one night that DNA testing might resolve the historical question if Thomas Jefferson was the father, of at least, one of Sally Hemings children, Jeffersons slave.
Her question was futher examined by Dr Eugene Foster, a retired pathologist. His findings opened up the floodgates and it was soon determined, that in all probablity, Jefferson not only fathered one of Sally Hemings children but perhaps was the father of all six of her offspring.

Ms. Bennett passed away from kidney failure.

July 12, 1935 - October 7, 2006 - R.I.P.

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates