Tuesday, October 10, 2006

This Death In History: Orson Welles, 70


What makes a person a genius? Determination? Hard Work? Timing? Talent? Luck? A set of balls the size of Texas? Who the hell knows. I know I'm not one. Hell, if you've read any of this blog you should know that by now.
I started doing this write up about how much I loved 'Citizen Kane' and that his talent was unappreciated, that was until I started doing more research on him. There is no doubt that this man was talented but I think some of the eccentricities were far more interesting.

He did the voice over for the Star Wars original trailer.
The voice of Unicron for Transformers: The Movie
The introduction to an episode of Moonlight "The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice"
A Pea Commericial
A commerical appearance for Paul Mason Wines

After his death a former neighbor of Elizabeth Short (a.k.a. the Black Dahlia) accused Orson Welles of being a suspect in the actresses murder.

He passed away from a heart attack in his home in the Hollywood Hills

May 6, 1915 - October 10, 1985

Labels: , , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates