Monday, December 12, 2005

Richard Pryor, 65


As a kid I watched a lot of Richard Pryor movies on channel 50, either Saturday or Sundays. To me, Richard Pryor didn't make funny movies, he made movies that were bleeped and that were a little choppy. It wasn't until the advent of cable television and Movieland stores that I understood why my mom was getting so upset every time she saw that I was watching one of his films.

It would be pretty crazy for me to go over the rise of this great American comedian so I'm just going to direct you to his website.

He had a pretty prolific career, starring in numberous movies, doing countless dates of stand-up, winning an Emmy, five Grammys, getting married seven times to five women and having seven children.

He was also involved in trying to get one of my favorite movies to the big screen, Blazing Saddles. But after being turned down, specifically because of Richard Pryor being attached to the project, he handed it over to someone else.

Mr. Pryor passed away on December 10th after a cardiac arrest.

December 1, 1940 - December 10, 2005
RIP

Labels: , , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates