Friday, October 07, 2005

Charles Rocket, 56


I have a thing for schmarmy guys, you know, those guys that leave an oil slick behind them when they walk, the kind of man that is crafty but a bit on the stupid side. My dating history is filled with schmucks like this and it's no wonder that some of my favorite movies include guys like this. Charles Rocket played a great schmarmy guy in movies such as Dumb & Dumber, It's Pat(i), Earth Girls are Easy and one of my all time favorites How I Got Into College. His career started in the 1970's with a stint as a Colorado newsanchor and then got his big break as the second generation of castmembers on Saturday Night Live. His claim to fame on that show was dropping the 'f' bomb on live TV (video) he was fired shortly after this uh-oh.

Mr. Claverie took his own life on October 7th by cutting his throat.

August 27, 1949 - October 7, 2005
RIP

Labels: , , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates