Sunday, September 25, 2005

Don Adams, 82


As I've probably mentioned before I spent most of my childhood summers at my Grandma & Grandpa B's. Being an only child in a decaying Detroit neighborhood I wasn't really allowed to go outside and play like normal children my age. I had a set schedule, wake up early, have a cholestral laden breakfast, listen to Amrye Makeupson read the morning news on channel 50, watch morning cartoons, go outside and run through the sprinkler or ride my bike up and down the block, eat lunch, take a nap, watch afternoon T.V., eat dinner, watch evening T.V., go to bed and repeat the same schedule again the following day. There were few shows I enjoyed more then Get Smart it was one of the few shows that was worth watching on channel 20. I loved this show pretty much for agent 99 and Hymie; Maxwell Smart was a bit too goofy for me.
Later in life dear ol' dad took me to see the classic 'The Nude Bomb'. Ahhhh memories.
Mr. Adams didn't start out as an actor, originally he worked as an engineer but turned to stand up comedy where he went on to star in a number of variety shows.

His career went into high gear after getting the part of Maxwell Smart leading him to receive three Emmy awards for his work. In later years he did a huge amount of voice over work in cartoons such as Underdog and Inspector Gadget.

Mr. Adams passed away on September 25th from a lung infection.

A side note, I loved how Mr. Adams looked in his later years. Something about gray hair and a black mustache really do it for me.

April 13, 1923 - September 25, 2005 R.I.P.

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates