Friday, September 16, 2005

Constance Moore, 85


My mom was pretty strict, especially about bedtimes. Every night, without fail, I was marched off to bed at 8pm on school nights but got to stay up a bit later on Fridays & Saturdays. My dad wasn't so big on rules so on Thursday nights, when my mom was at choir practice, I could usually stay up until 9:30pm or later depending on when mom got done BS-ing with the rest of the choir junkies. So every Thursday night I got to watch 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century' it was so awesome, especially since I had the hots for Gil Gerard (why?).
My 1979 fav series was just one in a long line of Buck Rogers incarnations. The original 1939 movie stared Constance Moore as Lt. Wilma Deering (not Colonel, thank you). Ms. Moore then went on to star in many movies before retiring in 1947 but then popped up in a couple of guest spots on various 60's T.V. comedies.

Ms. Moore passed away from heart failure following a long illness on Friday, September 16th.

January 18, 1920 - September 16, 2005 R.I.P.

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates