Monday, August 22, 2005

Thomas Herrion, 23


Football is the one sport that I can actually sit through and not be completely bored.
I loathe basketball, bored to no end with baseball, and even though I come from Hockeytown, I'm not much of a hockey fan. This is a manly sport. You've got big burly linesmen, little quarterbacks and migit kickers. The one thing I don't like about football, as with most things, it comes earlier and earlier every year. Pretty soon we're going to have football starting in June. There I go again...mumbling on about how fast time flies. I don't know much about Thomas Herrion, I know he was a football player and I know he was pretty damn young. It's pretty much common sense that you shouldn't stay out in really hot weather for too long of a period because you get heat stroke. They scold you if you leave your dog out too long...but if you're paying $50/ticket those players better damn well sweat their ass off in hot muggy weather for as long as they have to, so you can get your moneys worth. Just to be fair I shouldn't say that the heat was the cause of Mr. Herrions death, there's family history, there's diet, overall health (which the NFL monitors) it could be a number of things time will only tell.

December 15, 1981 d. August 21, 2005
RIP Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates