Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Myron Floren, 85




When I was a my parents both worked back then so I spent A LOT of time with my Grandparents and in the days before Cable TV or Channel 20's ON there was a whole hell of a lot of TV programs that we could chose from which meant I was at the mercy of their old school tastes. There was a ton of variety shows to choose from back then: The Osmonds, my favorite, the Sonny & Cher show, One of the programs that they absolutely loved was the Lawrence Welk show...god did I hate that shit. It was too hard on the eyes - the pastels the bubbles the damn polka music with the Lawrence Welk dancers. I would rather spend my time playing Monopoly solo...but I could hear that music down the hall of their East Detroit bungalo.
Myron Floren was the main guy on the Welk show, I don't remember him though. Something about accordians makes my ears bleed. But

RIP
November 5, 1919 - July 23, 2005

Labels: , , , ,




Post a Comment
Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates